Forum Discussion

lucjad
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
2 months ago

SQL System Jobs- ability to detect if an Integrity Check has not been run on databases

Is there a way to get notified about SQL System Jobs in Logic Monitor- specific job that was not run on databases? I have some servers that need ability to detect if an Integrity Check has not been run on databases. Meaning Logic Monitor's ability to detect specific SQL Server was missing the Integrity Check job. (Without adding that job under the SQL System Jobs). 

1 Reply

• LM has a that "SQL System Jobs" check that can report if an existing job fails, but don't think it has one for if a job is missing all together or check if it Integrity was done in other ways. Checking the Exchange I don't see one there that sounds like it matches your needs, except for "Custom SQL Queries (Write Custom SQL Queries that will output a single number)" which might work if you are able to write a SQL statement that returns something like number-of-days-since-last-integrity-check. I don't know mssql well enough if that exists.

Otherwise you might have to write your own DataSource. Perhaps based on the SQL System Jobs one.