Forum Discussion

betan
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
11 days ago

Resource Dead parameter

Hi All, I can't find an answer to this, but I am after what triggers a resource to be marked as dead (has skull icon next to resource in resource tree)

I thought it was host status, but I changed the threshold from 300 to 1500 and the resource still get marked as dead after 5 minutes.

The testing issue I have is that I have an escalation chain to email me at 3 minutes, sms me at 5 mintues and to call me after 7 minutes for the Ping module (1 minute polls). I get the email and sms but the phone call never comes as I believe when the resource is marked dead (at 5 minutes) any further alerting stops.

Thanks in advance

• Per the description on the Host Status >> idleInterval datapoint:

The interval in seconds we do not get data from the host. NOTE: there is server side logic that declares a host DOWN after 6 minutes, suppressing other alerts. We do not recommend you change this alert.    

• Per the description on the Host Status >> idleInterval datapoint:

The interval in seconds we do not get data from the host. NOTE: there is server side logic that declares a host DOWN after 6 minutes, suppressing other alerts. We do not recommend you change this alert.