Forum Discussion

venkat
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
2 days ago

LM Servicenow Integration

We have integrated service now with LogicMonior and we see that the Auto resolution of Incidents is not happening even when the Alert is cleared in LogicMonitor.

We see that there is no clear even in logs of the integraion even after he alert is cleared which is causing the Incident in open state

Ajay
    Icon for LM Champion rankLM Champion

Hi Venkat,

High chance the servicenow integration setup is not completed for the clear alert action. Please use this documentation in detail: https://www.logicmonitor.com/support/alerts/integrations/servicenow-integration

Check the HTTP delivery section

I recommend raising support cases for issues like this with full details and screenshots, so that specific guidance can be given for your particular portal case. 

Hope that helps

venkat
      Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte

It is happening for few incidents and not all incidents.Few are getting cleared and few are not 

Mike_Moniz
        Icon for Professor rankProfessor

I think you should still work with support, but in the past there was a few situations where clear messages were not being sent out. I believe most of these have been fixed over time though. You may want to track how exactly the alerts are getting cleared to look for patterns. For example, if you "clear" an alert by deleting the device itself, perhaps that might not send a clear message. Or if the clear occurs during a SDT or by the instance being deleted. Might explain why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. In the past I've never really relied on LM always sending a clear but it's gotten better at it.

Also, I wouldn't suggest auto-closing tickets when an alert clears. That can lead to flapping alerts that noone looks at or situations like alerts that occur every night but clear by morning and it doesn't get looked at. I generally suggest to just add a Note to the ticket that the alert cleared, but still have someone look at the alert.

• Also for the incidents nott getting auto resolved LM is no sending he clear alert...but he alert is getting closed