Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Cisco Switch ErrDisabled Status on Port

Datasource that uses active discover to find ports in errdisabled state and create an Error in LogicMonitor

LM Exchange: GR4XMN

• 2 hours ago, Shack said:

Mind sharing yours?  I think I may have a need for this and I am licensed for LMConfig

It was published to the Exchange as H4T9GH, but it is basically what LM support provided with some tweaks.  As an Event Source, it has the same poor behavior as all Event Sources, that is, you cannot practically ACK them, only add SDT.  It also is not universal since there are different ways to get this info on different platforms.

I like the idea of converting to a DS version with instances like the first post mentioned, and of course we are all still waiting for that promised core LM release real soon now :).

• On 11/30/2018 at 8:12 PM, mnagel said:

The one I am using has an ugly side effect -- if you only want to do this and you have LMConfig, you will activate LMConfig since you must define ssh.user and ssh.pass for this, just like what is needed for LMConfig.  I recommended to our CSM that LMConfig should require a specific activation property as it is a premium feature that should not be inadvertently activated, but that did not seem to go anywhere.  The only option otherwise is to manually edit every CS to adjust the applies-to formula, which then must be updated every time a new version arrives (though I am told better merging is just around the corner...fingers crossed!)

Mind sharing yours?  I think I may have a need for this and I am licensed for LMConfig

• The one I am using has an ugly side effect -- if you only want to do this and you have LMConfig, you will activate LMConfig since you must define ssh.user and ssh.pass for this, just like what is needed for LMConfig.  I recommended to our CSM that LMConfig should require a specific activation property as it is a premium feature that should not be inadvertently activated, but that did not seem to go anywhere.  The only option otherwise is to manually edit every CS to adjust the applies-to formula, which then must be updated every time a new version arrives (though I am told better merging is just around the corner...fingers crossed!)

• On 7/17/2018 at 10:58 AM, Andrey Kitsen said:

@sawyer.lef funny enough, we're close to releasing our core version of this. 

I'l let you know when it becomes available.

Any word on this will become part of core?