Forum Discussion

7 years ago

VMware Host Network Interface Status

I'd like to request that the ability to monitor if a vmnic on an ESXi host is up or down, while excluding NIC's that are always down. IE If vmnic4 was up and serving traffic, and then all of a sudden someone unplugged the cable, I want to be able to get an alarm on this. Also, the metric thresholds for Rx & Tx will not work, because sometimes traffic drops to 0 and the link is in a valid state.

TimC
    Icon for LM Champion rankLM Champion

@mnagel – just checking with you again on this. Would you be willing to adjust your module so it's available to other users? I think you'd just need to go into it in the Exchange and set it to public. Thank you!

TimC
    Icon for LM Champion rankLM Champion

@mnagel – Hi Mark, would you be open to publishing that DataSource to the LM Exchange? (It may already be published, but I think the status may be set to "private" because when I attempted to import it into my personal portal I get an error saying "LogicModule belongs to another private repository.")

• This is not exactly what you want, but it works (we also had unhappy surprises on this).  You just have to disable alerting on vmnics expected to be down.  And, you will have to wait for LM code review.

2EADXJ