Forum Discussion

A11ey
Icon for Community Manager rankCommunity Manager
2 years ago

How to submit a Feature Request.

At LogicMonitor, we are dedicated to providing our customers with the best monitoring solutions and services. To ensure that we are meeting your needs, please share your feedback on our products by visiting our feedback form in the LM portal https://lmcloud.logicmonitor.com/santaba/uiv3/dashboard

To submit your feedback successfully, please follow these steps:

1. Click on the link provided

2. Sign in to your LogicMonitor account

3. Navigate to the ‘Support’ section 

4. Click ‘Contact Support’

5. Lastly, click ‘Feedback’

6. Provide a summary and descriptive message

7. Click on ‘Submit’ 

Your input is invaluable in helping us understand how we can improve and continue to provide the best possible monitoring experience for our customers. You can share your ideas, vote on existing suggestions, and see what other members of our community are saying.

We appreciate your time and effort in providing feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you,

The LogicMonitor Community Team.

13 Replies

• In general, I’d probably say that “Feedback” and “Feature Request” communication channels should get separated.  An acceptable option would be providing a choice at Feedback creation:

“What is this feedback about?

• UI look & feel
    • UI text, grammar, spelling error
    • Product Feature Request”

In both cases, as a customer I very much want to be able to track the progress of any feedback or feature request that I might make and as noted above the current mechanism does not provide this; in fact b/c I don’t even get an ack or receipt I am pretty sure that I’ve submitted the same feedback multiple times.

So here’s hoping that the Feature Request pipeline (and the Feedback one too) is getting a makeover as part of this Community re-launch.

• Agreed it’s been a black hole in the past. Interested to see what changes are in store now that the new community is going live, and Product Board is supposed to be in use. The general opinion of most LM customers about feature requests is stated pretty well above by @mnagel. It’s a one-way black hole. We submit through the product and never see anything about it ever again. Posting to the community has been good to get qualification of the request, but in the last 10 years, posts in the feature requests category have gotten next to 0 attention from LM.

LM: Listen to your existing customers, not just the fish that’s not yet on the hook. Your existing customers are where your ARR comes from.

• Sorry, but the feedback mechanism is a one-way blackhole, at least from this side. Hiding feature requests behind feedback rather than being able to discuss them within the forum is not going to work.  A better way to handle feature requests is to enable voting and perhaps use an assigned upvote count to each person as at least some other feature request systems work (e.g., you get N votes to assign to features, you can vote more than once and you can move them around). This change is a step in the wrong direction.