Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Easier way of disabling Property Sources for device(s)

It would be nice to have a easier way to disable/manage Property Sources (just like we have for DataSources - at a group level, device level, etc...).
I know we can disable those in the 'AppliesTo' field (at the PropertySource level) and/or we can create a custom property (& then having devices automatically assigned to a dynamic group by using that property, etc...).

However, we shouldn't require to create extra properties and/or modify the 'AppliesTo' with extra stuff.
It would be way easier having the possibility to do this like we do for the DataSources (even in terms of management, understanding what's applied vs. what isn't).

Not sure if this was suggested in the past but, it would be a great improvement in my opinion.

Regards,

3 Replies

• @Vitor Santos how would you see this working like DataSources given that PropertySources don't show up in the resources tree? Would you want a screen somewhere (for Resources, Resource groups) that shows which PropertySources are applied to resources in that section of the tree? that you could then toggle/untoggle?

Anonymous
    18 hours ago, Michael Rodrigues said:

Would you want a screen somewhere (for Resources, Resource groups) that shows which PropertySources are applied to resources in that section of the tree? that you could then toggle/untoggle?

I like that. There would also need to be something on the PropertySource that could sum up all the custom exceptions to the AppliesTo.

• 21 hours ago, Michael Rodrigues said:

@Vitor Santos how would you see this working like DataSources given that PropertySources don't show up in the resources tree? Would you want a screen somewhere (for Resources, Resource groups) that shows which PropertySources are applied to resources in that section of the tree? that you could then toggle/untoggle?

Yes @Michael Rodrigues that's exactly what I tried to request. Just a similar way of deciding what gets applied or no to a device/device group.
    I believe it would be very useful.