Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Aruba Central monitoring

Because of COVID19 the University tried to reduce density in residence halls by leasing about 75 apartments in nearby complexes. Each apartment is an island with ISP service; the decision was made to deploy WIFI access points in each apartment supported by Aruba Central.  None of the Aruba Central visibility can be brought back to the on-campus controllers that support WIFI across all campus locations.

Can you please consider developing some datasources that exploit the Aruba Central API?

? ? ?

16 Replies

• @Michael Dieter

No problem, our urgency increased rapidly over the break so I ended up smashing something out for AP's GW's and Switch's, but due to the number of API calls we will likely only use the AP datasource. Let me know if you are interested in the code, which comes with the disclaimer that I am by no means a good coder and I am sure there are better ways to achieve what I have done so (I will pass the code to LM to hopefully accelerate their development of an official datasource).

I have at least made the code universal, so no matter where your apigw is it will work (well as long as the property is set).

• Just upgraded our Aruba APs  to AOS 10 removing the controllers of a site. Now we would need to monitor 120 APs as individual devices instead of one or two controllers. If there is a way to get all the info talked about in this thread from Aruba Central to Logic Monitor that would be amazing. I have checked and was not able to find anything in my Logic Monitor for how to do this. 

• On 10/4/2022 at 12:24 PM, Crandall said:

Just upgraded our Aruba APs  to AOS 10 removing the controllers of a site. Now we would need to monitor 120 APs as individual devices instead of one or two controllers. If there is a way to get all the info talked about in this thread from Aruba Central to Logic Monitor that would be amazing. I have checked and was not able to find anything in my Logic Monitor for how to do this. 

Assuming the LM locator code works here is what I was working on: M3E6GF
    You will need to change the applies to from null to your "device", check the technical notes for how to set it up.

• On 11/14/2022 at 4:09 PM, SeanStarson said:

Assuming the LM locator code works here is what I was working on: M3E6GF
    You will need to change the applies to from null to your "device", check the technical notes for how to set it up.

Could you share that datasource again please? I'm getting an error when trying to import it that says it belongs to another private repo.

• @Brian Gladden @Stuart WeenigJust following up a few months later, we are taking on Aruba as a product set and specifically using Aruba Central and again would also love to see if there is any traction on this?

Hi, @SeanStarson we’re actively researching Aruba Central integration.  If you would like to participate, please consider spending 1-2 minutes to complete this brief 4-question survey.  Thanks.
    ​​​​​​https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd3O8AIMj_aXA24Pcc9q_ZBGDOUmrKFe4_d1aedyEfjVBkn2w/viewform?usp=sf_link