Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Timezone per user account

We are a global company with resources in Minnesota, New Jersey, Australia, Ukraine, and India all using the Logic Monitor tool set. It would be incredibly useful to be able to set the timezone at a user level instead of only at the company level.

• Hello LogicMonitor team,

Please add possibility to change timezone per user account, not for the whole portal. For us as a global company it is critical feature, cause we have offices and equipment worldwide so engineers can see events in local timezone. Right now we have timezone configured for California, and it is not convenient to track events from Moscow, for example. Thanks in advance!

• Hi LogicMonitor,

We are also in a similar situation. Has there been any movement on getting this slotted into the dev cycle?

• Dear LM, how in the age is this not a feature yet?  Had I been at my company when LM was evaluated I would have not picked the tool just on this one point.  It's a major issue for us as a global business with regional IT centers.

Surely the date times are stored as epochs, no?

• We need this as well.  Not only per-user timezone, but per-device timezone (inferred from location property would be a bonus).  Many of our customers span multiple timezones.  Time-related settings like escalations should be tied to the device impacted as well.

Thanks,

Mark

• This is a critical feature to be able to use your tool at a company with a global footprint like ours.  What is the right path for your customers to follow to be able to make this a priority in your product roadmap?

• Hi Annie, As a work around, can we change the current GMT setting to EST setting for us ? We have most of our services in EST and would be really helpful before the user level time changes are addressed.

Thanks

Narr

•  

On 6.4.2016 at 6:58 PM, Annie Dunham said:

Hi Bruce - This got sidelined (due to a number of reasons) but is on Dev's plate for re-evaluation this sprint.  I'll update once we have an official release date, but promise it has not been forgotten.

Good to hear "promise it has not been forgotten" but more than one year passed since it has been requested!

It is arduous to recon the time difference every time we set a downtime or communicate with our branch offices around the globe.

thanks,

Max