Forum Discussion

2 months ago

Issue with threshold permissions in new UI

Starting with portal v207, there are some updates to the "Settings > Users and Roles" page of the new UI. These changes include a new permission for modifying group-level thresholds. This new permission can be found within the role configuration in section "Permissions > Modules > Access Groups > Resources: Group Threshold".

This permission did not previously exist for roles before portal v207. When the portal upgrades to v207, any custom roles which previously had permissions to modify thresholds will no longer be able to do so. I confirmed with LM support that this is expected. This affects ALL threshold changes, not just group-level thresholds like the name of the permission suggests.

So FYI for other LM admins out there, once you update to portal v207 you may need to manually update any roles which should have access to modify thresholds so that they include the permission I mentioned above.

• Looks like this issue was resolved before our production portals moved to v207. Happy to see that!

2 Replies

• Looks like this issue was resolved before our production portals moved to v207. Happy to see that!

• I'm still waiting for the ability to see the effective alert trigger and alert clear intervals. When a custom threshold is defined on a group, you can now specify an override for the global intervals. However, while you can see the effective threshold when looking at the device or instance, you can't see the effective intervals. There's no way i could let anyone else even think about modifying thresholds until there's a way to see what is effective.