Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Manually specify/edit autodiscovered AWS Services

Hello,

At the moment, when you've added an AWS Account, it will show all the services you've asked for (e.g., all SQS queues).

Is it possible to have a feature where you can select a subset of these queues after they are discovered?

Clearly they are stored somewhere (via a datapoint's metric path: ##system.aws.resourceid##), but there doesn't seem to be a way of changing them.

Thanks.

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Sarah_Terry
    Icon for Product Manager rankProduct Manager

Can you explain more about what you would like to do once a subset of queues is selected?  You can create a dynamic group, based on the system properties for the queues, that only includes a subset of those being monitored. 

• At the moment, there's a single datasource that's tied to the automatic discovery of AWS Services, and further, there are generic alerts on all these services. I just think this is too general - there should be individual datasources for each AWS Account so that you can have custom alerts on custom queues. Sometimes you don't care that a queue is empty (for example).

Anyway, I want to add these subset of queues to a group. At the moment, I have to add the entire dev account and this just feels like overkill.

Sarah_Terry
    Icon for Product Manager rankProduct Manager

We're looking into allowing you to filter resources by resource name when you're adding your AWS account in LM.  If you are adding your entire dev account, you could create a dynamic group based on any property you see in the Info Tab - AWS tags or the names of the queues in that subset (e.g. custom query System.displayname =~ "dev" matches all instances with dev in the displayname).  You could then clone the AWS datasource in question, customize it and apply it to the group.