Forum Discussion

7 years ago

DHCP Pool Percent In Use

Put together a datasource that will report/alert on specific DHCP Scopes percent in use 

LM Exchange: HMT9K4

13 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • 1 hour ago, Justin said:

I wasn't happy with the idea that this would only work on Server 2012, so I updated it to run on the collector instead of the monitored DHCP server. this also removes the need to add psconfig properties. The only catch is that all of your collectors must be running Server 2012 with DHCP management tools installed. The script will check and if necessary install the DHCP tools at first discovery. Let me know your thoughts. Solved a lot of issues for me.

DHCP_Scope: 4P2WKM

DHCP_Server_Stats: MT7GPT

@Justin the DHCP DataSources in core work for 2012 and newer, not just 2012. Not sure where you got that information. 

The reason we use the PropertySource is to identify a host and to apply appropriate categories prior to attempting to discover any instances. This removes a significant amount of load off the collector.

• I was referring to the fact that the core datasources do not work on server 2008.

• I found the same thing and also elected to install the necessary module on our collectors rather than remote PS via WMI as the LM version uses.  I also found the published DS does not account for superscopes, so I did my own (based on code I found, which is credited :).  Sadly, there is no way to place linebreaks in the instance labels so superscopes labels tend to run off the edge of the column.

9AMZCD