Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Cisco switch/router config storage

As a configuration changes on a router or switch, keep a copy of the config at LogicMonitor. Configurable number of versions to retain would be nice as well.

Great for DR!

18 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • How is this feature coming? We are coming down to a crunch where we need to have this or buy a product. It makes more sense to keep it here but I cant wait forever. Please update.

• This would be a great LogicManager feature to have. As it stands, Ill have to take a look at Rancid or get a quote from some vendor. ManageEngine or Solar Winds seem like likely candidates.

•  

Yes! We're in design now, so although I don't have a delivery date I can assure you it's in motion and that you'll be able to try it out next year.

• Is the planned implementation only for Cisco or would it be able to handle any device you could ssh into and run a simple script on to collect the config (e.g. F5, Radware, Dell,etc.)? I am currently in the stage of pre-purchase/implementation for Cattools (Solarwinds) which we got away from when deciding on LogicMonitor for our monitoring.

• We will use a template based approach similar to what we use for datasources, by which we'll have a few plug and play configurations but you will be able to customize it to work however you want.  We'll have a few protocols out of the gates (ssh obviously being one), and will extend as requested.