Forum Discussion

emetzler
Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte
17 days ago

Reporting on sqlStatusCode in SQL Server Connection Status MSSQLSERVER

Hello, all!

I'm a bit new to reporting on LM and am trying to wrap my head around it.  I'm trying to make a report on the sql server uptime status from SQL Server Connection Status > MSSQLSERVER.  My end goal is to display the percentage of uptime over the past 24 hours, using whatever graph is necessary.

I was directed to report on the sqlStatusCode, but that's not necessarily a rule set in stone.  Whenever I look into the Raw Data tab, I see a table that has everything I could possibly want on it.  However, whenever I try to report using any Widget other than a Custom Graph Widget, it only reports on the most recent event in the Raw Data table.  Is there a way to report on the whole table?  Or is it possible to export this data?

It seems easy in my head:  just get a count of every row where sqlStatusCode = 0, then divide that by the total number of rows and multiply by 100.  Is it possible to do this?

• You need an SLA report. This report calculates what percentage of the time the selected metric meets the criteria. Your criteria would be server uptime > 0 (or maybe greater than a very small number). 

• You need an SLA report. This report calculates what percentage of the time the selected metric meets the criteria. Your criteria would be server uptime > 0 (or maybe greater than a very small number). 

emetzler
      Icon for Neophyte rankNeophyte

Thank you!  This is exactly what I needed!