Forum Discussion

Andrey_Kitsen
Former Employee
4 years ago

ArubaOS ConfigSource

Locator ID: NWC2ZM

Required Properties: hasCategory("Aruba") && ssh.user && ssh.pass

Note: You may need to add an additional SysOID Map entry to capture some ArubaOS devices.

Categories: snmp,snmpTCPUDP,Aruba

OID: \.1\.3\.6\.1\.4\.1\.47196\.4\.1\.1    

• Is it possible to have the script account for username and password when entering enable mode?  I have tried editing the script to account for it but Im not familiar with Groovy scripts.  My issue is when logging into an Aruba switch and running the enable command the CLI prompts for Username then password not just the enable password.  The current script only accounts for a password after the enable command

• 22 hours ago, mnagel said:

Thank you!  I have been asking for this via "proper" channels for some time with no results -- will try it out ASAP as I have an 8320 cluster waiting.

FWIW, I recommend using a standard property name alongside the ssh.user/ssh.pass (e.g., lmconfig.enabled) to allow disabling this premium feature at the group (client) level when it has not been subscribed to.  I know it is an uphill battle to get those all fixed, but I sure wish it could be done.  We still cannot use the new AD and DHCP modules due to lack of ability to disable LMConfig per client.

I guess not ASAP:

This LogicModule is currently undergoing security review. It will be available for import only after our engineers have validated the scripted elements.

I guess I will check back at some indeterminate date in the future :(.

• Thank you!  I have been asking for this via "proper" channels for some time with no results -- will try it out ASAP as I have an 8320 cluster waiting.

FWIW, I recommend using a standard property name alongside the ssh.user/ssh.pass (e.g., lmconfig.enabled) to allow disabling this premium feature at the group (client) level when it has not been subscribed to.  I know it is an uphill battle to get those all fixed, but I sure wish it could be done.  We still cannot use the new AD and DHCP modules due to lack of ability to disable LMConfig per client.